High potency antiviral formula with Andrographis & Olive Leaf
Sore throat? Runny nose? Fever? Tummy bug? Take ActiViral™ at the first sign of symptoms to fight colds, flu and other viral and bacterial infections.
ActiViral™ is a high potency formula containing therapeutic doses of Andrographis (4.5g per tablet, standardised to provide 62.5mg andrographolide) and Olive Leaf (1.25 g per tablet, standardised to provide 30mg oleuropein), both of which have documented antimicrobial properties, and the immune-boosting herbs Echinacea and Japanese Honeysuckle (also known as Lonicera). Clinical studies suggest that Andrographis reduces the risk of catching colds, and when they do occur shortens their duration and relieves symptoms such as fever, sore throat and runny nose.
Similarly, Echinacea may aid the prevention and treatment of colds and other URTIs, working by supporting immune functions that help the body fight off infectious organisms.
Research indicates that oleuropein (regarded as the most important medicinally active compound in Olive Leaf) has antibacterial and antiviral effects against a range of disease-causing organisms, and may work in part by preventing them from penetrating the cells. It also appears to activate part of the immune system involved in recognising and resisting pathogens.
In TCM, Honeysuckle has traditionally been regarded as a cooling remedy with special affinity for the Lung organ-meridian system, which encompasses not only the lungs themselves but also the immune system, nose and throat. It has a long history of use in the treatment of hot, feverish conditions such as colds, flu and other respiratory infections. The traditional uses of the herb are supported by modern research indicating that it may stimulate immune system activity and inhibit the replication of the influenza virus.
- High potency antiviral formula combining standardised extracts of Andrographis(andrographolide) and Olive Leaf (oleuropein), plus Echinacea and Japanese Honeysuckle
- Also contains Vitamin C and a readily-absorbed form of Zinc glycinate (OptiChel™ZN) for additional immune support during infections
- May reduce the severity and duration of viral and bacterial upper respiratory tract infections (URTIs) such as colds, flu, tonsillitis, laryngitis, sinusitis and rhinitis, and reduce their recurrence
- Also has antiviral activity against the HSV1 virus associated with cold sores
- May help relieve symptoms of mild gastroenteritis (including diarrhoea and flatulence) and cystitis
- Formulated according to the principles of traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) to address the causes of infection and support healthy functioning of the lungs, throat, head, stomach and intestines by clearing excess Heat and resolving toxicity
- Suitable for adults and children over 2 years
This formula also contains Vitamin C and a readily absorbed form of Zinc (OptiChel™ZN, a proprietary form of zinc glycinate) for additional support of the immune system.
In a double-blind, placebo-controlled trial, children aged 8-13 years old who took 15 mg zinc glycinate per day (equivalent to two ActiViral™ capsules) for three months during winter recovered more quickly from colds than those who took a placebo supplement, and experienced fewer days with symptoms such as runny noses and coughs.
In addition to aiding the management of URTIs, ActiViral™ may also be beneficial for other viral and bacterial infections, including cold sores, cystitis and mild gastroenteritis.
For best results, take ActiViral™ at the first sign of symptoms such as sore throat, runny nose, mucous congestion, fever, catarrh, inflammation and headaches
Herbal extracts equiv. to dry
Andrographis paniculata leaf
|- standardised to andrographolide||62.5mg|
|Olea europaea (Olive Leaf)||1250mg|
|- standardised to oleuropein||30mg|
|Lonicera japonica (Honeysuckle) flower bud||1000mg|
|Echinacea purpurea root||750mg|
|Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C)||250mg|
|Zinc glycinate (OptiChel™ZN)||27.6mg|
|- equiv. to zinc||8mg|
Dosage: Adults: Take 2 capsules once or twice daily
Child 6-12 years: Take 1 capsule once or twice daily
Child 2-6 years: Take ½ capsule once or twice daily. Mix capsule contents with a little syrup or honey.
For all ages, an extra dose may be taken to enhance results or as professionally advised.
Warnings: During pregnancy, always consult with a qualified healthcare practitioner before taking herbal medicines and nutritional supplements
Always read the label. Use only as directed. If symptoms persist consult your healthcare practitioner.
Suitable for vegetarians and vegans. NO artificial colours, flavours or preservatives, yeast, gluten, wheat, nuts, dairy or animal products.