Create a relaxing environment as part of your baby's bedtime routine.
Establishing baby’s bed time routine is a step towards making bed time an easy time rather than a struggle. Many sleep experts recommend creating a calming environment to prepare your little one for a restful night’s sleep. Some of the suggestions below may be useful for you to include in your baby’s bedtime routine:
- Have a relaxing bath, try using GAIA Sleeptime Bath
- Have a gentle massage after baby’s bath , try using GAIA Baby Moisturiser or GAIA Natural Baby Massage Oil
- Sit in a quiet area and do 'quiet time' activities, like read a bedtime story or nursery rhyme together
- Play some soothing and relaxing music to settle baby (Max loved the Music for Dreaming CD)
- Give bubs a sleep association toy, like a small teddy bear or blanket that is used only when they are going to bed so they learn that when they have their bear/blanket it is time for sleep (but do not leave the toy with them in the cot)
- Finally, after lots of cuddles, try to them down awake so they learn to self settle
HANDY HINT: Use regular GAIA Natural Baby Bath & Body Wash for daytime bathing and Sleeptime Bath at night to emphasise the difference between day and night.
Ingredients: Purified Water, Decyl Glucoside (Sugar), Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate (Coconut), Cocoamidopropyl Betaine (Coconut), Guar Gum, Vegetable Glycerine, Lactic Acid, Certified Organic Chamomile Extract, Certified Organic Avocado Oil, Certified Organic Evening Primrose Oil, Sodium Hydroxyl Methyl Glycinate (Plant Derived Preservative, Amino Acid - Glycine), Phenoxyethanol (Plant Derived Preservative, Amino Acid – Glycine), And The Pure Essential Oils Of Certified Organic Lavender And Certified Organic Ylang Ylang, Linalool