No time for a high-protein breakfast? Now there's no excuses, with this super simple, one minute keto mug cake!
When you're rushing out the door, it can be easy to grab a quick coffee and be on your way. However, if you're not supporting your body with food, you may find you're having an energy crash right in the middle of your next work meeting. Even worse - if you've piled up your breakfast bowl with quick acting carbs (think your fave cereal and milk!) then you'll be setting yourself up for a quick energy boost and an even quicker crash. Not what you need when tackling a huge day of deadlines!
Get your protein fix nice and early with the creamy, pumpkin-spice-feel of Lean Dessert by Genetix Nutrition Chef Series - Cookie Butter. Yes, you can have dessert for breakfast! Full of satiating protein and containing a dose of fats, you'll have a macro-friendly way to start the day. Not only will this recipe keep you fuller for longer, it can help you gain a steady energy - oh so needed for those long days at the office!
- 30g of Lean Dessert by Genetix Nutrition Chef Series - Cookie Butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 2 tablespoon sweetener
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 5 tablespoons of water or unsweetened almond milk - add more as needed
METHOD1. Make sure you have a microwave-safe mug! Spray it lightly with a non-stick cooking spray.
2. Mix the ingredients together in a bowl, adding the water or milk slowly to ensure a thick consistency remains.
3. Place it into your microwave (on high setting) and cook for 1 minute. If you want a gooier consistency, try adding a little extra time (check every 15 secs!).