Article supplied by Herbs of Gold
You might be wondering what all the hype is over-activated vitamins. Are they really better than regular B vitamins, and who should be taking them?
There are eight key B vitamins that are commonly referred to as a complex (vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B7, B12 and folate). B vitamins are essential for turning carbohydrates, protein and fats from our diet into the fuel that keeps us going all day. There are three important aspects to B vitamins you may not be aware of:
- B vitamins are water-soluble and not stored in the body, so they require frequent replenishing;
- B vitamins work together, so you need balanced amounts to best support energy; and
- B vitamins require some form of metabolic or enzymatic conversion to take place before they can be used by the body.
The advantage to activated B’s is that they bypass steps in this conversion process, providing a more active form of the vitamin ready for use in the body. Activated B’s may be beneficial for those who:
- consume a diet high in refined or processed foods
- have absorption or digestive issues
- are strict vegetarians or vegan
- are elderly
- have methylene-tetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR) polymorphisms
Herbs of Gold Activated B Complex is a one-a-day, vegan-friendly capsule containing activated B vitamins, including B2, B6, methylfolate (folate) and mecobalamin (B12), to support energy production and assist in the maintenance of general wellbeing.
Warning: Always read the label. Follow the directions for use. Vitamin supplements should not replace a balanced diet.