Easter is getting a little protein boost with the Lean Dessert by Genetix Nutrition Chef Series (Choc Golden Creme)!
Indulge in these paleo-inspired hot cross buns that will delight the senses, along with a creamy, sweet and macro-friendly centre!
For the Spread:
100ml of water
For the Hot cross buns:
3 cups of Almond Meal
2 Large eggs
1/4 cup Melted Coconut oil OR
150g Melted Grass Fed Butter
2 tablespoons Maple syrup or Honey
Zest of one Orange
1/2 cup of Raisins
1 teaspoon Baking powder
Pinch of Salt, Nutmeg, Cinnamon, Ground cloves
For the Crosses:
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees celsius.
2. Mix the bun dry ingredients in a bowl.
3. Create the dough by then mixing in the wet ingredients.
4. Place 12 evenly scooped mixtures onto a lined baking tray.
5. Bake for 20-30 minutes.
6. Wait 10 minutes for it to cool.
7. Add the crosses: mix the cashew butter and honey, then create crosses on the buns.
8. Creme egg spread: Mix 100ml of water with the 2 scoops of Lean Dessert and spread onto the hot cross buns.