Need a little meal prep inspo for your keto or low-carb diet? Even though you're restricting fruit, you can enjoy each bite guilt-free, as this recipe contains just a small amount of banana and a sugar-free sweetener. With healthy fats and the low-carb coconut flour, you'll be getting a wholesome dose of dietary fats that'll keep your energy steady all day.
Suitable for the whole family, savour this healthy Keto Low Carb Banana Bread as a delicious breakfast, afternoon tea or any time snack option!
1 large super ripe banana or 2 small bananas
1/4 + 2 tablespoons of Coconut flour
2 tablespoons of Grass-fed butter (melted) or Coconut oil
3 eggs (large)
1/4 cup of Xylitol
2 teaspoons Cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4- 1/2 cup of crushed or chopped walnuts
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius
2. Mash the banana with a fork then add the eggs and butter or coconut oil
3. Place dry ingredients in a separate bowl, stirring together well.
4. Combine dry and wet ingredients, mixing until smooth
5. Add desired amount of walnuts to the mix
6. Line your loaf tin with baking paper
7. Bake for approximately 40 minutes, check by piercing with a knife to make sure it comes out clean
8. Take out of the oven and let cool.
9. Add optional toppings including extra walnuts if desired