**Gluten-Free / Dairy-Free / low FODMAP / can be made Vegan-Friendly**
If you want something sweet, satisfying and packed with nutrients that will help you glow from within, you've come to the right place.
I love this blend, because it combines some of my current favourite ingredients:
Marine Collagen + by Genetix Nutrition gives you a beautifying hydrolysed marine collagen, plus a comprehensive vitamin blend. It tastes out of this world, so you can even have it on its own with water or milk. Its also enriched with magnesium and calcium to help you meet your daily needs!
Berries give a beautiful natural sweetness, and when blended frozen feels like you're having an ice cream. Not only that, they're well known for packing a nutrient punch for beautiful skin (Note: I highly recommend choosing organic here if you can).
Reclaim your fire with Maca aka Peruvian Ginseng - an energizing plant that has been traditionally used by the natives in the Andes, including the famous Incas. It is said to increase libido and energy, and is much loved by athletes for its influence on training performance.
Cacao - the ultimate bliss ingredient with mood enhancing properties, originally used by sacred ceremonies by the Mayans. A nutrient-dense and magnesium rich addition to this smoothie bowl for the next level of decadence and inner glow.. Yes, chocolate can be healthy!
Chia seeds are great because they add a little more bulk if you're looking to keep fuller for longer. With omega 3 fatty acids that assist healthy skin, plus fibre and being relatively low in calories, you can make them a regular go-to in your beauty diet.
Manuka honey is a wonderful addition if you want to create an extra level of sweetness. Native to the manuka bush, its well known for its antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
For a potent dose of greens, add in a teaspoon of Broccoli sprout powder. Broccoli sprouts are rich in sulforaphane, an organic compound that is widely researched for its health promoting effects in the body. Remember to have your greens for a radiant beauty glow!
Chocolate Bliss Beauty Bowl
- 1 scoop 'Genetix Marine Collagen +' in Chocolate Delight (or substitute for plant-based protein if vegan)
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened coconut milk (or to desired consistency)
- 1 cup of frozen blueberries or mixed berries
- 1 teaspoon Maca powder
- 2 teaspoon Cacao powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Chia Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Broccoli Sprout Powder
- Cinnamon to taste
- Manuka honey to taste
- Banana and berries
- Dark chocolate
- Walnuts and hazelnuts
1. Put the ingredients (apart from the toppings) into a blender. Using a low power option, blend until you reach a thick but smooth consistency. Add more coconut milk if needed, but the mixture should be thick to hold structure in a bowl. Add extra sweetness if required and blend again.
2. Pour into a bowl and top with banana, berries, dark chocolate, cereal and/or nuts
Bon Appétit my beauties!
By Paula Vargas Duran