Why Should I take Microgenics Celery 4000mg?
- Relief from symptoms of arthritis and gout
- Relief from fluid retention
- Digestive Aid
Celery is traditionally used in European herbal medicine for the temporary relief of the symptoms of arthritis and gout – including pain, swelling and restricted joint mobility. High potency Celery seed is also well known as a herbal diuretic, or for the relief of mild fluid retention.
- Adult: Take 1 capsule prior to a meal or as directed by your healthcare professional.
- Hard shell capsule can be pulled apart and contents used in food or drink.
Lactose, dairy products, sugar, salt, gluten, yeast, artificial flavours, colours and sweeteners.
Ingredients (per capsule):
Extract equivalent to dry Apium graveolens (Celery) seed 4g (4000mg)
Do not use during pregnancy and breast feeding. If fluid retention persists, seek medical advice. Caution is advised in kidney disorders.
- Celery has been used for many years by herbalists as an anti-rheumatic due to its anti-inflammatory, analgesic and diuretic properties
- From a Naturopathic perspective celery is used as a diuretic to stimulate urine flow and reduce fluid retention and swelling, improving joint mobility
- Celery assists the body to eliminate acidic metabolites from the kidneys. The accumulation of acidic metabolites may contribute to arthritis and gout
- Gout is a common disorder of uric acid metabolism that can lead to recurrent episodes of joint inflammation and tissue deposition of uric acid crystals. Uric acid is a byproduct of purine metabolism
- A comprehensive Naturopathic treatment plan of arthritis and gout focuses on both underlying cause and presenting symptoms. Natural therapists have long maintained that foods high in purines have contributed to gout. Reducing foods high in purines such as organ meats (liver, kidneys, brain), anchovies, sardines, caviar, and beer whilst increasing water and fresh fruit and vegetables, especially cherries, will help reduce the symptoms and address dietary causes.