Cold pressing refers to oils obtained through pressing fruit or seeds with a modern steel press, such as those used at Proteco's operation in Kingaroy, Queensland. Although pressing produces heat through friction, the oil seeds are not precooked and consequently the oil is considered cold pressed - in contrast to large scale solvent extraction and refining operations which strip the oil of natural antioxidants, vitamins and flavour. The solvent extraction method is used to produce most common cooking oils found in supermarkets.
Cold pressed oils retain all of their flavour, aroma, and nutritional value, making these oils great for all cooking and skin care requirements. They contain zero grams of trans fatty acids and are naturally cholesterol-free.
Cold Pressed Oils will provide a vital contribution to your healthier life:
- They are cholesterol free
- They are not refined, deodorized or processed in any way
- They do not contain harmful solvent residues
- Proteco Cold Pressed Oils contain no added chemicals or preservatives
- They contain natural antioxidants such as tocopherols (e.g. Vitamin E) and phosphatides (e.g. Lecithin)
- The natural flavour and odour is retained, enhancing your favourite recipes
SWEET ALMOND OIL
Cold pressed from sweet Australian grown almonds. This almond oil is unrefined, allowing it to retain all its natural golden colour, mild odour and nutritional benefits.
Popular around the world for aromatherapy and massage, used primarily as a carrier oil. Contains levels of Vitamin E, B, and P.
Almond oil has a clean flavour that pairs well with fish, asparagus and cream soups.