Blackmores Echinacea Plus Garlix is a combination of echinacea and garlic, both traditionally used for the symptomatic relief of mild upper respiratory tract infections such as colds and flu.
- Traditionally used to relieve symptoms of mild upper respiratory tract infections such as colds and flu.
- May shorten the duration and decrease the severity of cold symptoms.
- May decrease the incidence of colds.
- Traditionally used to relieve symptoms of bronchitis.
- Supports healthy function of the immune system.
- Enteric-coated to ensure that the garlic is not released until it reaches the intestine, thereby minimising odour.
- Low odour, high potency.
Echinacea has been shown to stimulate the immune system and may reduce the risk of infections, particularly of the upper respiratory tract. One of the ways that Echinacea works in the immune system is by increasing the number of white blood cells. White blood cells are involved in defending the body against foreign microorganisms. Echinacea also stimulates a group of immune system cells called phagocytes, which engulf and digest bacteria or other foreign bodies.
Garlic has antimicrobial and antibacterial activity and is particularly active against the influenza virus. It is also indicated for the temporary relief of symptoms of other mild infections especially those in the upper respiratory tract, including bronchitis and colds
|Echinacea purpurea (Echinacea) extract equiv. to dry whole plant
|Allium sativum (Garlic) freeze-dried powder equiv.
to fresh bulb 600 mg (standardised to contain alliin 5 mg)
Dosage: Adults – Take 1 tablet 3 times a day with meals, or as professionally prescribed.
Children 2-12 years – We recommend Blackmores Liquid Echinacea. Not to be used by children under 2 years of age without medical advice.
Cautions: Discontinue use at least 2 weeks before surgery. Garlic may increase the risk of bleeding associated with surgery. Always read the label. Use only as directed. If symptoms persist, see your healthcare professional.