Magnesium Powder by Blackmores
Helps Relieve Cramps & Spasms
Helping you to relieve muscle cramps and spasms
Blackmores Magnesium Powder is an easily absorbed form of magnesium which also contains amino acids and B vitamins to assist with the production of energy during exercise.
- Relieves muscle cramps and spasms.
- Supports the production of energy during exercise.
- Prevents magnesium deficiency.
- Maintains cardiovascular health and healthy function of the nervous system.
- Great tasting orange flavour.
Magnesium is essential for many cellular functions, particularly those functions involved in energy production, and for the normal functioning of muscle and nerve tissue. Signs of low magnesium levels can include fatigue, mental confusion, irritability, muscle cramps, problems with nerve conduction and muscle contraction, insomnia and predisposition to stress.
If the blood is low in magnesium it takes it from the muscles and without enough magnesium in muscles they stiffen up or contract. The result may be painful cramps, irritability, twitching or even tremors. Some people may develop muscle cramps at rest, while others develop them at night, along with a difficulty sleeping. Magnesium may help to relieve night leg cramps and helps all muscles in the body to function optimally.
One third of Australians over 18 years do not get their recommended daily intake of magnesium and a deficiency may be exacerbated by stress, strenuous exercise and poor absorption. Blackmores Magnesium Powder contains a highly absorbable form of magnesium to enhance cellular uptake.
Blackmores Magnesium Powder also contains a range of other ingredients including amino acids which are important for energy production, muscle function and repair:
- Taurine plays a role in maintaining healthy cardiovascular function
- Glutamine - Exhaustive exercise or intense training sessions decrease glutamine in the blood.
- L-carnitine is required for cellular energy production.
- Vitamin C, folate and B12 are involved in the maintenance and repair of muscle tissue
- B vitamins are involved in the production of energy from food. Exercise may increase the need for B complex vitamins.
- Chromium helps to maintain normal glucose metabolism and balance sugar levels in the body.
Dosage: Adults – Add 5 g (1 metric heaped teaspoon) to cold beverages. Stir and serve. Take once daily with meals or as professionally described.
Children 6-12 years – We recommend Blackmores Magnesium Compound
Cautions: This product contains selenium which is toxic in high doses. A daily dose of 150 µg for adults of selenium from dietary supplements should not be exceeded.
|Magnesium citrate (Magnesium 310 mg)||2 g|
|Levocarnitine tartrate (Levocarnitine 100 mg)||147 mg|
|Calcium hydrogen phosphate anhydrous (Calcium 65 mg)||223.4 mg|
|Vitamin C (Ascorbic acid)||100 mg|
|Vitamin B1 (Thiamine nitrate)||25 mg|
|Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)||5 mg|
(Pantothenic acid from calcium pantothenate 50 mg)
|Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine hydrochloride)||50 mg|
|Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin)||20 µg|
|Folic acid||150 µg|
|Selenomethionine (as Selenium 25 µg)||62.5 µg|
|Potassium aspartate (Potassium 75 mg)||362.3 mg|
|Chromium nicotinate (Chromium 50 µg)||400 mcg|
Warnings: This food is not a sole source of nutrition and should be used in conjunction with a nutritious diet and with an appropriate physical training or exercise program. This food is not suitable for children under the age of 15 or pregnant women. It should only be used under medical or dietetic supervision. Keep out of reach of children.
|Display Actual Price||Use config|
|Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price||$36.49|