Calcium is also used by almost every cell in the body including the heart and nerves and is necessary for muscle contraction and for the development and maintenance of bone structure. Calcium is an important component of a healthy diet. Although we imagine our bones are permanent, they are actually being constantly renewed throughout our life and replaced with new bone tissue. In fact, our entire skeleton is renewed approximately every seven years!
If we do not consume enough calcium in our diet, our body takes the necessary calcium from our bones to use for other essential functions. This can result in brittle or porous bones, broken bones, low bone density and weakness - especially in later life.
To ensure we maintain excellent bone health, it is essential we receive sufficient quantities of calcium every day. It is even more important to ensure that the body can utilise and absorb the calcium it is given. Natural food-complexed calcium may be the most suitable form of calcium for long-term use. Usually good sources of minerals are obtained from natural plant and vegetable foods however calcium content is high in only a select number of foods.
What is Lifestream Natural Calcium made from? - Lifestream Natural Calcium is produced from a certified organic sea vegetable called Lithothamnium calcareum and demonstrates advanced bioavailability. Lifestream Natural Calcium contains 32-34% elemental calcium and other important co-factor minerals including boron, magnesium, zinc, copper, iodine and sulphur.
The Benefits of taking Lifestream Natural Calcium:
- The only calcium supplement that is Certified Organic and a genuine natural food
- Helps to build strong healthy bones and nails
- Helps to support bone density and strength as you age
- Supports skeletal strength and posture of the spine
- Strengthens and builds strong healthy teeth lessens the physical and emotional experience of PMS
- Good bioavailability and well absorbed by the body
- 100% dairy-free, G.E. free, animal free, vegetarian and gluten free
- Contains other necessary minerals including magnesium, zinc, boron, selenium
- Contains NO hydroxyapatite (crushed cow bone) and no animal products.
- Contains NO preservatives or synthetic additives
- Easy-to-swallow capsules
- Not synthetically produced or made from chalk
- A complete and natural calcium food
Directions: Adults: Take 1 - 3 capsules daily
Pregnant or Breastfeeding Mothers: Take 2 - 4 capsules daily