Helping you to receive a gradual release of vitamin C, Blackmores Sustained Release C gradually supplies vitamin C throughout the day to help reduce the severity and duration of colds.
- Specifically formulated to be released slowly over a sustained 8 hour period, ensuring that vitamin C is available when you body needs it.
- Contains citrus bioflavonoids extract to boost its action in the body which helps to increase the uptake and use of vitamin C in the body.
- Low-acid formulation buffered with mineral ascorbates makes it gentle on the stomach.
- Helps to reduce the severity and duration of colds.
- May helps to support skin suppleness and elasticity via its role in collagen production.
- As a potent antioxidant it helps to reduce the risk of cell damage attributed to free radicals.
- Promotes wound healing.
- Helps to maintain capillary health.
The human body does not manufacture its own vitamin C and so it must be sourced from our diet. Stress of all kinds, including ill health and emotional stress, increases the excretion of vitamin C from the body and therefore raises the need for this vitamin. If dietary intake is low or an individual's need is particularly high, vitamin supplementation may be of benefit.
Vitamin C is involved in hundreds of biological processes. It is important in immunity as it is involved in the function of white blood cells and antibodies. It is beneficial when dealing with the symptoms of the common cold.
Vitamin C is involved in the manufacture of collagen, an important protein in the body. Collagen is a structural protein found in cartilage and tendons, and it helps to support blood vessels. Due to its role in collagen manufacture vitamin C is necessary for wound repair.
Citrus bioflavonoids have been shown to support capillary function by reducing fragility of capillary walls and improving capillary permeability.
|Ascorbic acid||280 mg|
|Calcium ascorbate||266 mg|
|(Total vitamin C 500 mg)|
|Citrus bioflavonoids extract||25 mg|
|Rosa canina (Rosehips) extract equiv. to dry fruit||250 mg|
Dosage: Adults – Take 1 tablet 1 to 2 times a day with meals, or as professionally prescribed.
Children 4-12 years – We recommend Blackmores Bio C Chewable 500mg.
Not to be used by children under 4 years of age without medical advice.
Cautions: Consult your healthcare professional before use if you have had renal calculi (kidney stones). Ascorbic acid may increase the risk of recurrence of calcium oxalate calculi.
Always read the label. Use only as directed. If symptoms persist, see your healthcare professional.